Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Liked 9,382 Times in 4,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post

The Yaris still needs a bit of work yet going by Carlow yesterday, although the pace of Daniel Cronin and Eddie Doherty has been up there this year so the result wasn't really surprising.
    Yesterday Chris Ingram posted he was doing a shakedown of the Polo R5 so it seems he's continuing in that car for the Jim Clark.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7OEf...ZzYzB1dm9zeHd4

EDIT
    He answered that it's because the 2nd Yaris hasn't arrived yet at MEM and he's happier in the Polo on the tarmac. His new Yaris arrives ahead of the Nicky Grist Rally.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; Yesterday at 12:26.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Yes indeed, i seen that over the top is an understatement . So if a car is half on half off and blocking the stage unless the crew can get the road clear by themselves the stage will be lost...........
    No, it’s only if spectators break the law by going onto the road to give them a push.
    If they just stay where they are then there’s no issue unless the road is blocked, but that can be reported on the trackers.

With the organisers facing the possibility of being arrested and facing court action if spectators continue thinking they are above the law, how would you go about stopping this?

Due to the risk of stuff happening I’ll never even marshal in stage on an event again, I can’t quite understand why anyone would put themselves at risk by organising/running an event.Yet speccies are more than happy to hugely increase that risk, all the while being against being told not to break the law…
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 316 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    And the similar NW Stages closed-road rally didnt have these instructions or threats of arrest to spectators...
    But then the LFNWS organisers haven't had to give evidence at a Fatal Accident Inquiry.

Also bear in mind that spectators trespassing on closed roads on the Isle of Man have been arrested, fined and even had to spend a night in the cells.
    Last edited by Steve Boyd; Yesterday at 23:56.

4. Likes: J4MIE (Today)
    Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Given that the law says it is illegal to be anywhere on a closed road, unless you are specifically authorised to be there, and that not many years ago three irresponsible spectators died on the Jim Clark Rally, I think that you two really need to reconsider your attitude.
    My attitude is quite all right, considering the three irresponsible people killed, two of which were actually signed on media who should have know better, that was the reason Media accreditation was changed by the MSA.

The law in the IOM is a lot different than the UK so you can't compare like for like.

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    My attitude is quite all right, considering the three irresponsible people killed, two of which were actually signed on media who should have know better, that was the reason Media accreditation was changed by the MSA.

The law in the IOM is a lot different than the UK so you can't compare like for like.
    No it was only one signed on media person all others were spectators. And there were dozens of people standing there on both sides of the road in the large gaps in the hedges created by cars going off there almost every time it was run. Completely insane place to stand, one of the few places I know of that I went out of my way every year to remind my dad to never go there. But there were other organisational issues of course, which are well documented.

But to blame “The media” is well wide of the mark. And of course another group of spectators were hit by a car on another stage on the event just before the fatality.

These days who were “the media” have mostly given up with rallying due to the hassles with officials/marshals both before and during events, it’s simply not worth the hassle. And most new photographers realise this and remain as spectators and find it less restrictive and much much easier to flout the rules and stand wherever they like, including dangerous positions. They have no accountability and take the piss when queried, and really don’t understand they are putting the future of rallying at real risk.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 219 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    No it was only one signed on media person all others were spectators. And there were dozens of people standing there on both sides of the road in the large gaps in the hedges created by cars going off there almost every time it was run. Completely insane place to stand, one of the few places I know of that I went out of my way every year to remind my dad to never go there. But there were other organisational issues of course, which are well documented.

But to blame “The media” is well wide of the mark. And of course another group of spectators were hit by a car on another stage on the event just before the fatality.

These days who were “the media” have mostly given up with rallying due to the hassles with officials/marshals both before and during events, it’s simply not worth the hassle. And most new photographers realise this and remain as spectators and find it less restrictive and much much easier to flout the rules and stand wherever they like, including dangerous positions. They have no accountability and take the piss when queried, and really don’t understand they are putting the future of rallying at real risk.
    I'm not blaming anyone, i know there were a lot of people there on both sides of the road and it was luck more than anything that it was only three people that lost their lives, insane place isn't even close.

For people to say they think it is safe unless there is a sign to say otherwise is a sorry state of where we are unfortunately.

I just hope the organisers have a safe and well run rally for everyone's sake. I've sent you a pm

8. Likes: J4MIE (Today)
    Liked 316 Times in 172 Posts
    No - the UK closed roads legislation was based on the IoM Road Racing Act. You also need to bear in mind that legislation in Scotland is different from the law in England & Wales so the interpretation and implementation may well be different between the countries. You ignore the event advice at your peril.